Ear Candling can help to achieve many physical, emotional and subtle effects and can represent a cleaning programme for the body as a whole and not just the ears. Ear Candling will leave you feeling relaxed and calm. It is becoming a popular treatment, perfect for promoting balance clearer thinking, alertness and concentration.
Benefits of Ear Candling
Ear Candling will help to ease symptoms that are persistent and is a recognized beneficial form of therapy. The following are some of the areas where Ear Candling will help.
- Rhinitis (hay fever)
- Glue ear
- A buildup of ear wax
- Hearing loss
- Swimmers ear
- Colds and flue
- Hearing problems
- Aids in relaxation thus relieving stress or anxiety related problems
After Care Advice
Following your treatment you may experience some of the following symptoms for up to 48 hours. These symptoms are quite normal and are simply a sign that your body is going through a healing process to detoxify. It won’t last long and you will soon feel uplifted.
- Light headedness
- Aches, pains or mild flu like symptoms
- Mild nausea
- Heightened emotions
- Tiredness or fatigue
- Increased visits to the toilet
- Slight worsening of symptoms
- Irritable or weepy
- Increased thirst
- Ear wax release, possibly on your pillow after a night’s sleep
After your Ear Candling Treatment you will usually feel relaxed and be enjoying the benefits of the treatment, however to gain maximum benefit it’s a good idea to follow a few simple guidelines for a least 4 hours and preferably 24 hours after you receive your treatment.
- Sit up slowly, you may be temporarily light-headed or disorientated
- Drink some water to promote elimination and help prevent headache, avoid where possible; alcohol, fizzy drinks and those containing caffeine
- Try to relax and avoid strenuous activity for the rest of the day
- Message behind the ears regularly with Sweet Almond Oil – Do Not use in cases of nut allergy
- Avoid heat treatments (hot baths, saunas etc.)
- Try to avoid water sports such as swimming for 24 hours
- Occasionally your ears may feel more sensitive to the environment, if so avoid winds and draughts, or place a small amount of cotton wool just at the entrance to the ear canal
- Never poke at your ears with cotton buds or other instruments as you may damage the eardrum
- If you have sinus problems cut your intake of dairy products as these promote mucus
- Avoid smoking or cut down as much as possible
Frequency of ear candling
- The effects of ear candling, such as pressure balancing and expulsion of earwax can continue for up 48 hours so a minimum of 2 days should be left between sessions.
- Compacted earwax may clear after one session or may take two or more sessions
- In general chronic and severe conditions require more treatments
- Chronic sinus problems may require a minimum of 3 sessions not more than a week apart. Maintenance treatments once or twice a month may help to minimize your symptoms
- Unless symptoms are completely clear you may benefit from further treatments